Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #61 Button It...


Hey,

Time for another fun challenge with the Retro Rubber team.

This time we have a theme for you..


I love buttons and have a huge button stash, part of my stash belonged to my Grandmother.

This card was made using a mix of old and new stash items. The newer items (Enamel Accents and embossing folder are from JT).

The sentiment and the die are from 2015 and are by Mama Elephant 'Friend Indeed' set, I love this set, the sentiments are very handy.

I dug through my button stash to find a button that coordinated with my card blank. I added little dots of enamel accents to make the right-hand side of the card a bit more interesting.

I love how the friend die-cut pops against both the embossed panel and the card blank.

I sent this card to a friend a while ago and recently when I was in London and visited her new home, it was on her kitchen noticeboard - how awesome is that!

Your turn to show us your button creations, but first go over to Retro Rubber and see what my teammates have made.

Challenge ends on May 5th, don't forget to use a stamp a year or older and tell us all about it, that's the fun part right? Also, please limit your challenge entries to 10 including ours.

Thanks

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Love this card, although the OCD in me would have to add an enamel dot to the i in friend! Glad you're more free than that! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one great set of stamps, if the sentiment you've chosen is any indication. My scrapbooking button stash has lots of my mother's and grandmother's buttons in it too! I really should have raided that button box for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, how wonderful your friend kept your card on display, this is the beauty of handmade cards, the joy we feel sending them is almost as sweet as the joy the recipients feel when they open the envelopes.
    Love all the details on this card, great idea of adding the enamel dots to the right side, it really balances it beautifully.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet CAS card, Claire! I love the texture and the enamel dots are a great touch! Your friend will enjoy displaying this card for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that die set! Great color combo and exciting design!❤️ When I come to NY wanna craft? I want to check out The Ink Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, love your CAS card! Love the font of the "friend". The embossed panel and button really sets the card! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean, Simple, and amazing! Great use of the embossed panel, die cut and button to create a visual triangle!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx