Thursday, April 20, 2017

Craftgang March Playdate..


Hey,

I am a bit late posting these cards, especially as the Craftgang monthly meet-up is this Sunday!!

Jamey has a great craft studio space in Hoboken and once a month the Craftgang (there are several of us!) meet up to eat, gossip and make stuff.

It's also a great opportunity to play with everyone else's stash, especially Jamey's.

As I have mentioned before Jamey has the most awesome collection of background stamps and I always like to play with those when I am there.

I generally take NBUS with me, because then I get inspired by the gang and they can play with the new stuff that they might not have.

The main card today uses the Lawn Fawn Year Seven stamp and die-set. The background stamp is one of Jamey's and I stamped it and spritzed it to get a bit of movement. The small stitched rounded square die is also one of Jamey's - DO WANT.  I knew I wanted this card to go on one of my fave mini square craft blanks and so waited until I got home to assemble it.

The next card uses a great stamp set by Unity Stamp Co, it comes with several awesome sentiments. I think the bird is a lot of fun too and would probably make a great mixed media piece in my art journal. The background I stole from a stack of Oxide Distress Ink backgrounds that Jamey had previously made, it works perfectly here.


I am a bit obsessed with Reverse Confetti right now.. My friend Jen used the Later Alligator set recently and I had to have it!

I didn't buy the dies, so I fussy cut the Gator and the cake, both are coloured with Ava's Zigs, as I left mine at home! I used dies I found in Jamey's stash and some fun papers also from her stash. I added a few of the clear droplets by Pretty Pink Posh (the Craftgang liked these..) to finish the card off. I like the crazy mix of patterns and colours.

Final card today sparked much laughter, as I decided to use the teeny tiniest letters that I could find in Jamey's stash..it was an exercise in patience applying them!


This was the first time I had used the snail by Avery Elle and it was before the die arrived. The background piece consists of a die and a stamp again from Jamey's stash.

I love the variety of cards I get when we have a playdate and I also love all the food we eat!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. I need a playdate *stamps feet*. Looks like you had a great time and came up with some amazing cards too. Thank goodness for zooming on my iPad when it came to your last card! Very impressive, although somewhat mad.... Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get jealous about your other craft playdates! These look amazing, all the coloring techniques look great and, I don't know if it's intended, but they look super springy and cheerful. I LOVE that piñata headline card. I flipping love a piñata. xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx