Monday, April 10, 2017

Welcome to NYC...


Hey,

Happy Monday.

So I am in London until 18th Apr..doing a whirlwind family tour and working in the London office.

Because I am here this week, I thought today's card was topical.

One of my colleagues recently moved to the US, so now there are a few of us in the NYC office, which is nice. She manages myself and another girl I work with and we thought that we would make her a personal card from us.

Natasha had this idea that the card should have NYC and London on it and that was her brief... I realised that this would be a great opportunity to break out my old fave Penny Black London and NYC stamps.

I decided to use a much bigger card blank, because the stamps are quite large and I needed to have some space between the two images.

I kept the colouring minimal, because it felt like subtle pops of colour would work much better. I felt quite pleased with the fact that the lady in both has a red coat..like she really did pop from one city to the other!

I dug out my alphabet stamps and stamped the farewell and welcome using these.

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out and the recipient loved it too!

Cx



1 comment:

  1. Love the concept behind the card and you executed it perfectly, adore the little pop of colour. Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx