Sunday, April 9, 2017

Birdies...


Hey,

I have a lot of bird stamps. I love large birds of prey, I am not so keen on smaller birds!

But my love of big birds does mean I am drawn to bird stamps.

I recently made two cards for friends, using bird stamps that are both really different.

The main card uses a mix of stamps - I love it when I can use my stash this way.

I started with the leaf stamp and to add interest to the leaves, I stamped it twice, once in a pale blue ink and then just the edges in a darker blue, the stamp is by Stampin Up and I love the effect I get when I use two colours. I stamped the sentiment in a coordinating blue, it is one of my faves by Hero Arts. Final touch was the bird, he was a gift from JT and is one of the Tim Holtz crazy birds. I love using the crazy birds, they make a slightly twee card a bit more edgy!

The second card today is a CASE, I loved the card I saw on Pinterest and decided to have a go myself.


I really like the final card, I used watercolours for the colour splodges and the stamps are by Pink Fresh Studio.

I love it when I get to make simple cards that are a bit different to my normal style.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Super pretty cards man. Sorry for the epically long absence - but I'm back :) Love the birds on a line, this is super funny when you see our craft exchange xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards, love the leaves they look stunning and who doesn't love a crazy bird (my husband obviously does!)?
    Hugs Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx