Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Retro Rubber #25...Spook Us...


Hey,

Today it is time for a new challenge from the Retro Rubber team.

Topical because it is almost Halloween, so this time we are asking you to show us your spooky themed creations..

Halloween is an odd one for me - being English means that it is not really that big a deal and then there is also the fact that it is my Wedding Anniversary LOL..so I generally stay away from Halloween themes..

Although every now and again I do let the theme creep into my Anniversary cards for Hubby..

I tried about 25 million different versions of this card until I came up with one that I was happy with..

I heat embossed the October 31st stamp onto black paper using sparkly embossing powder - this is a fave stamp that I have had for about 3 years. I bought it from Michaels to make a card for Hubby and I have been pretty much using it ever since.

The trick or treat stamp is new and by Unity Stamp Co.

I wanted a splash of colour and as luck would have it, the orange spotty scrap fell on me when I was looking for something else!

So show us your spooky makes, but first visit Retro Rubber and see what the ladies have made to inspire your spooky side..

Remember to use a stamp older than a year and tell us about it. Challenge ends on Oct.23rd.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. What a great splash of color to highlight this fun card and image. I can see why Halloween would be a foreign concept! Only us Americans get into this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mixing of the colors and patterns and your stamp and embossing too! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect stamp image for your anniversary... not Halloween-ie at all, just very fall-ish with the pumpkin. Great color combination. Happy early Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, your post makes me understand why my mother (born in Liverpool) never made a big deal about Halloween. I never liked it either so had no problem giving it up as an adult. Your card is perfectly done for a Halloween card from people like us! I really love it! Now, make sure you get a "treat" for your anniversary and not a "trick."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you did this card 25 million times - because this one is a winner! And Happy Anniversary! How cool is that! I must admit - I am not one who goes all out for Halloween - but my folks did. My dad LOVED to scare all the kids - ironically it was more like the parents who were scared than the kids. But I could hardly wait for Halloween just to see what my dad was going to do. Oh, and the candy was pretty awesome. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx