Thursday, October 15, 2015

Congratulations...

Hey,

So I made today's card ages ago, but I didn't get round to posting it.

I learnt this great technique in Day 1 of my Watercolouring Online Card Class - sadly Day 1 is as far as I have got!!

You add distress ink to an acrylic block, spritz it with water and 'stamp' onto your watercolour paper..nerve wracking!!

You do this a couple of times for each colour and you can use a paper towel to clean up any ink you don't want. Heat set each stripe before starting the next one.

Then I heat embossed the sentiment using black embossing powder, it really pops! The sentiment is by Simon Says Stamp.

It's a fun technique and I will be playing with it a bit more.

Cx


1 comment:

  1. Oooh love the bright and cheery colours on this card Claire… so perfect for a Congrats Card! the watercolours look stunning! :-)
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx