Saturday, October 17, 2015

Birthday Balloons...



Hey,

Recently I have been switching over my stamps to the Jennifer McGuire fridge binz solution.

Whilst doing this I have been looking at my stamps and coming up with ways to use them.

I was looking at this fabulous set by Simon Says Stamp -

Birthday Bits
I had this idea about how I could use the mini confetti stamp and give the balloons some movement.

The main photo today is my first version and I kept it very simple.

I die-cut a stitched rectangle (MFT) and stamped the solid balloon - doesn't matter if you get voids, it adds character. Then I stamped the black outline, slightly off, so it isn't perfect. Then I added the confetti stamp at the tip of the balloon. I finished it off with the bow stamp,

I added a Happy Birthday (Clearly Besotted) and a number to the balloons - a very subtle way of celebrating an age..

I loved it so much I made another one, for another friend - but this one is a different age :)


These cards are so simple and it's fun to go back and revisit your stash - even the parts that are not that old.

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Claire! you are so clever with your CAS designs… I love how you've stamped these balloons and the confetti really does add movement… it's genius!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are ace. I lvoe the spots trailing off, that's a clever use of that stamp. I think that the misaligned colors/outlines is perfect, you are so right about adding character x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx