Wednesday, June 8, 2016

WOYWW #366..Learning and Laughing...



Hey,

Happy WOYWW to you!!

It is that time of the week when we pop over to join our leader Julia at her blog Stamping Ground for the global desk nosy.
She is still recovering from her op, so Lunch Lady Jan is still hosting us and doing a marvelous job.

My desk is a teeny bit dull after the excitement of the last 2 weeks.. Just my computer, my sippy cup, glasses, die pokey tool and a little pile of paper, cards and dies at the front of my desk. This little pile is something I am working on for a swap with Scrapbook Lynne...a fellow desker..

On Sunday I went to a great class taught by the one and only Dina Wakely (swoon), she is my new crush, she is awesome, hilarious and a great teacher.

Class was fun, as I sat with Cheiron, Jamey and Lisette (an unexpected surprise). I love these ladies, they make me laugh (out loud and a lot!), make me a bit braver in class and are just all round fun..needless to say margaritas and Mexican food followed...

Below is a little collage of my pages from class (and a pic of Moi and Dina)...


Here are a couple of pics of my finished pages, so you can see them in their entirety. We cut windows, so you could see each spread and Dina taught us a whole load of techniques, some of which were new to me..Like rubbing off paint using a baby wipe through a stencil - and my mind was blown!!

Warm spread, using 3 warm paint colours (pinks, oranges, purples)

Cold spread, using 3 cold paint colours (blues, greens, greys)
I'm off to London on Friday for a week, so no WOYWW for me next week - I schedule my posts when I am in London, it's easier that way.

See you all later for a nosy.

Cx

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast and your pages look really kewl looking have a wonderful time in london :) hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like a fun workshop! Wishing you a creative week! Elaine no. 20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal pages, looks like you had a great workshop. Love them. Have a crafty and very happy WOYWW, Angela xXx 26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that sounds like MY sort of workshop! Margaritas and Mexican? Sign me up for the next one! Have fun in London - the weather here has been so hot, I hope it continues for you :-)
    Hugs, LLJ xxx
    PS Linked you up as soon as I got your message, sorry you had problems....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jan on the Mexican food- love it! I'm more a Mojito girl though, lol.Awesome journal pages, love the colours you used. Enjoy your break,Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab journal pages, totally jealous of you. We'll have snow next week because you're coming back to the uk! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pages! Sounds like an amazing class. Have fun creating! Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #35

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous! That sounds like a great class to attend. I've watched her on Youtube and she seems like she'd be a lot of fun. The pages look great! Have fun in London.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. That class sounds amazing and the pages are just gorgeous!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #46

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounded like a great class to attend! I love the journal pages you made, and the collage. And the photo of you and Dina. Hey, I think we have the same spectacles! Good taste you have!
    Have a good time in London.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#17

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pages. Having fun with friends while crafting is the best!!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty papers on your desk at the ready for the next project. Great job on the journaling class. Fun pages! PJ #47

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to pop back by and say that your idea of building a shelf for my paper holder was considered by hubby and I. Of course, his idea of it was cinderblocks and a board. He's not particularly handy. :-)

      Delete
  13. lucky lucky you on a class with Dina! Hope London is kind to you next week and we lay on some sunshine for you! Helen #18

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire you SWEETIE! I am drooling over those bits of brightly coloured loveliness on your desk... you are such a TEASE! And I am green with envy that you are probably already in the air on your way to London, I will be stalking your blog to see WHERE you are and WHAT you are up to (grin). I am not sure if you will get your "little bit of me" before you leave for London, but it will absolutely be waiting for you when you return! Happy WOYWW Scrapbook Lynne #45

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx