Monday, June 13, 2016

Cheers!


Hey,

Happy Monday..

As I predicted the weather here in London is blah..raining as always..I am English, I should be used to this by now..

Anyway, today I thought I'd share a card I made as a commission for a friend. The brief was - make a card involving booze.

Pretty straightforward and as I hadn't used the new Winnie & Walter 'Cheers' die yet, it felt like the perfect time to break it out.

I love the 'Hello Summer' stamp by Unity Stamp Co. -

I thought the fun cocktails would work well with the Cheers die.

I opted for Summery distress ink colours for the cocktails, applied with an aqua brush and maintained the summery feel with the die-cut and card blank.

The 'It's your birthday' sentiment is by Simon Says Stamp and is probably the most overused stamp in my stash..it is so handy. I might have to buy the set it comes from again, as I am terrified it will wear out / get lost..

Once I had assembled the card, it felt like it was missing something so I stamped tiny little stars in gold ink all over the card - this is a fave trick and works every time in my opinion.

Have a great week, I have a busy one ahead of me here in London, but there are also lots of fun things happening this week too :)

Cx


2 comments:

  1. I think you nailed the brief! Love all those yummy cocktails, if only I was allowed to drink... Darn you morphine! That cheers die is fabulous. Have a great week week, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I've been on the cocktails already! It was only orange Fanta zero honest!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx