Friday, June 24, 2016

Let it snow...


Hey,

Happy Friday.

So despite the title of my post, I don't really want it to snow, I am loving being back in NYC in the sunshine.

A blog buddy of mine Cara has been playing along with 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

I think its a great way for someone like me who doesn't love making Christmas cards to a) get enthused and b) explore my stash.

This week the theme is landscapes -


I had a lot of fun making my card.

I broke out a fun die by Gina Marie Designs - it's falling dots and looks like snow to me, I added a bit of Tumbled Glass distress ink to look like sky here and there. I combined it with a stitched hill die by Lawn Fawn.

I recently acquired a great set by Newton's Nook 'Snow Day' and I stamped and fussy cut the Winston Snowman / snowbear?!

I hunted through my stash for an appropriate sentiment and came up with 'Let it snow' by Unity Stamp Co.

This was so much fun to do and I am so happy with my card, it's kind of made me love Christmas Cards all over again.. I will be playing again!

Cx


3 comments:

  1. C'est une très jolie carte Claire, drole et sympa, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, j'espère te revoir bientôt , biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is working so hard for you there, it really makes that card pop. It's ace with that little snow critter x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that background die. I want to bulid a snow teddy now! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx