Wednesday, June 22, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #177...


Hey,

So just like JT, I was intrigued by this week's CAS(E) This Sketch -


I really love JT's version of it, so fun and bright.

I didn't initially love the stamp set in the latest SSS cardkit, but when I saw this sketch I had an aha moment :)

I used two of the stamps from the set for the leafy border and coloured the leaves using Shabby Shutters distress ink and an aquabrush. I stamped and die-cut a new flower set I found in my fave cheap art/bookstore in London and coloured that using Fossilized Amber and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks and an aquabrush.

I heat embossed the sentiment to make it stand out more and used random stamps and bling to add a bit of interest around the leaves.

Again a great sketch that I had a lot of fun with and also made me like something I was a bit meh about.

Cx



2 comments:

  1. Great card, might have to have a trip to the works! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower looks perfect over that vine, I thought it was all part of the same set. Nice take on that sketch man, that's excellent x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx