Saturday, June 11, 2016

Distress Techniques....


Hey,

Happy Saturday to you all!

I am probably landing as you are reading this...

Right after the loft art retreat I used the left over tags from our project to practice some of the techniques that Jenn had taught us.

It's taken me until this week to get round to making cards with them!!

Here are the 3 tags I started with, I have labelled them with the technique I used, just enlarge the photo to read the details.


The main photo is the first card I made and I love the Studio Calico wooden word bubbles. They are a lot of fun. This year I have used a lot more wooden items, I used to be daunted by them.

I die-cut the friend using a Mama Elephant die and I die cut it out of Kraft card twice and layered them, to make it studier. I added a couple of orange enamel dots to finish it off.

I really like it, its fun and really shouts fabulous to me.

The next card uses Lawn Fawn wooden words and stars and to make it a bit different I coloured a Tim Holtz Gum Drop using Orange Alcohol ink and covered the tag hole with it.

Fun cards and the orange card blanks really make the elements pop. I made the card blanks myself using the cardstock from my latest Simon Says Stamp cardkit.

Have a great weekend, I'll be hanging with my family and the animals...

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Two fab ways to use up those tags, love the vibrant colours. Hope your flight was okay and um, well, um, sorry 'bout the weather! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx