Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Retro Rubber #41...Red, White and Blue Colour Challenge..


Hey,

It's time for another superb challenge over at Retro Rubber

As it is close to 4th of July, we are getting a bit patriotic with our theme - 


I thought I had made the perfect card for this challenge and then the next morning I came back and thought - ugh..what a mess. LOL.

So back to the drawing board, pretty pleased with the final card, even if I do say so myself!

I used a great Hampton Arts Hexagon stamp that JT gave me as part of the Thanksgiving $20 challenge in 2014 - I love this stamp and I use it a lot for mixed media makes.

I inked up the stamp (it's pretty big) in red distress ink, spritzed it with water and then laid my paper on top of the stamp. I got a pretty clean and centered impression, so decided to stick with the white border.

I punched some hexagons in Navy blue scrap paper and stapled them together to create a kind of border. I used foam tape to pop the border up a bit.

The celebrate die is so gorgeous, I wish I used it more, but celebrate is a tricky sentiment in my opinion.

It looks great here in white, it really pops against the blue hexagon border.

Your turn to show us your interpretation of the colours, but first go over to Retro Rubber and view the great makes by my teammates.

Challenge ends on July 1st. Don't forget to use a stamp a year or older and tell us about it that's part of the fun. Also, please limit your entries to 10 challenges including ours.

Thanks

Cx


6 comments:

  1. This is a fab card Claire… love the red, white and blue theme… and the celebrate die is awesome! :-)
    Hope you are well... have a great week!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claire: I just love this technique of inking the embossing folders and spraying them with water, the result is always fabulous and never the same. The die cut sentiment is indeed awesome and it fits this bold design perfectly, what a clever way to attach it with staples to the blue hexagons.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, cunningly patriotic for the US and the UK! Anyone would think you had a cunning plan a la Baldrick! Cara d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, love the washed look of the inked embossing panel as well as your clever use of the staples for the die cut sentiment. Must remember that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Claire! Your watercoloring onto the background stamp is so cool! I really need to give this a go sometime. Very fun sentiment with the hexagons and staples to support it. Giving this one an A+, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looove the stamp! The image you obtained with the spritzing is so cool! I had to check this out in detail because it is so fun! Thanks for the awesome crafty inspiration!❤️

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx