Thursday, June 16, 2016

1,000th Post...the ramblings of a crazy crafty 40something..


Hey,

So today is a big freakin' deal for me...

It is my 1,000th post.

I actually can't believe it..

I started this blog in 2010 having no idea what I was doing or what I wanted to achieve with it and here we are six years later.

My Husband is a constant source of wisdom and he said a while ago that he thought it was cool that I had a blog that was an outlet for me, my makes and my chitty chat..

This blog has given me so much, that I actually don't know where to begin or how to explain what it means to me, but let's give it a go shall we?

I have met so many wonderful people via my blog, people that I wouldn't have met under 'normal' circumstances, they have become friends and in some cases daily companions (Sue and Cara, I love you guys..).

These are the people that helped and guided me through some tough times - when I was out of work, when we moved to NYC, when my Ma had Cancer.

They also celebrated the joyful times - becoming DT for Moving Along with The Times and Retro Rubber, when I turned 40, when I got a new job, when I won challenges.

There are also the wonderful people that have taught me and subsequently became my friends - Jenn Shurkus and Cheiron Brandon what the hell would I have done without you over the last 2 years!?!

Let's not forget the gift that is WOYWW (What's on your workstation Wednesday) - hosted by Julia on her blog Stamping Ground.  There are no words to express what a wondrous thing a WOYWWer is, you should join us on a Weds sometime and find out for yourself.

I also have to give a big shout out to my Retro Rubber family. What an amazing bunch of ladies they are - I love being teammates with them and our FB exchanges are comedy.

This blog has also given me the chance to constantly express my gratitude for JT.
I mean how on earth can I express how amazing she is?! Seriously though, she's as crazy as a bag of cats and she is my exact mirror image - so I guess that makes me crazy as a bag of cats too!  What I like, she likes, what she loves, I love, what I dislike, she dislikes, it's so weird, she is like an actual real life sister, born 12 years after me LOL.

So much joy has come from this personal piece of blogland and I never knew burping my life onto a blog could be so rewarding.

Anyway, as I wipe away my tears of joy, I want to give you something to say thanks. Send me a message via my contact form in the sidebar and I will send you a card and a little 1,000th post care package - who knows what it will contain, but isn't that part of the fun?

Cx




6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! 1,000 posts!? That IS awesome!!! I'm always in awe of the imaging people I have met through this creative world!! So happy to have met you and now call you a friend 😊 Congratulations Claire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Claire! That is absolutely FABULOUS! 1000 shots at spreading your fun, happy, wonderful self! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow oh wow on 1,000 posts!!! Congrats. So glad that we are friends and that Jenn introduced us. Such a small crafty world we live in. Here's to 1,000 more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 1000 posts! Go Claire! Go Claire! Go Claire! Congratulations on reaching such a milestone, so fun to catch up with you each day. Lots of hugs, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 1,000 posts! Your blog is awesome as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1000 posts! WOOHOO! It's been an honour to be a part of your crazy journey, even if we are as crazy as a bag of cats. Sorry it's taken a few days to recognize this amazing milestone!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx