Friday, June 10, 2016

Simon Says..Summer Garden..



Hey,

Happy Friday to you..

I am leaving on a jetplane for London later on today, but first I wanted to join in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Summer Garden.

I liked the theme and thought it would make for a good play in my art journal.

The phrase 'Summer Garden' makes me think of my Ma's garden.

I love my Ma's garden it's a peaceful happy space and is full of flowers, shrubs, birds, animals (Squirrels, Foxes, Hedgehogs, our Cats), butterflies and is basically a reflection of my Ma's happy generous personality.

I miss Ma's garden a lot. My Dad is not a garden person and is baffled by the amount of time we spend out there!

I started my spread with five colours, yellow, peach, orange, lime green and pale blue. I layered them onto my journal and kept layering and blending until I had something I was happy with.

I used my new fave trick of a baby wipe through a stencil to add some interest to the pages.

I recently bought a Hollyhock die by Impression Obsession, because it reminded me of Ma's garden, so seemed appropriate to use here. I collaged them in, along with the big blue birdie (Ma gets lots of birds in her garden - Swifts, Sparrows, Robins, Starlings, Magpies, etc) and stamped a few flowers here and there.

I used a fave Clear Scraps stencil to create a 'sun'. I also used a Tim Holtz tracks stencil in random places on the pages.

Finally I added 'Summer is best in my Momma's Garden' because it is and I'll be in it tomorrow, drinking tea, eating cake and gossiping.

Have a great weekend.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Love this garden, such a happy bright place and that little bird sets it off perfectly. The weather, um, weeeeelll it's still hot, but it's also pretty soggy! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout and your meander down memory lane all about your Mom and her garden, it made me think about some gardens I loved when I was younger. THANK YOU! PS I am sooooo excited for you about your day with Dina Wakely and just a wee bit envious too.... but one day I hope to experience her Awesome-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this, and your story of your Ma's garden! The hollyhocks are wonderful and I love the blue bird and sky and the orange. Such a fun layout. My dad was the gardener when I was growing up, and we spent a lot of time out there helping him. So glad you joined us this week for our Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire
    Just found your blog! Loving it - so spirited and fun and wonderfully written. I am slowly entering the world of journalling and mandalas and just love to see what others are up to.. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx