Thursday, June 9, 2016

Happy 30th Birthday...



Hey,

So my wonderful work colleague is turning 30..I adore her, she is awesome.

I wanted to make her something fun, because she is fun and keeps me sane.

I broke out two distress inks - Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry - and dabbed them onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and smooshed my paper into the inky mess.

I find the first time you do this, you get a pretty standard watercolour effect. I like to go back in and pick up some of the colours in certain areas - you can see where I have done this, because you can see little speckles of colour and some fatter more defined splodges.

I like the colours I ended up with. I stamped the sentiment and used co-ordinating pink Thickers Stickers for the number..

I wanted to keep it kind of edgy, so affixed the whole panel to the cardblank using hot pink staples..love to co-ordinate.

Cx


1 comment:

  1. Love the inky background and those pink staples are fabulous! Cara x (ps still warm up to now..)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx