Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Retro Rubber #40...Get your Sketch on...


Hey,

Time for another fun challenge from the Retro Rubber team.

This time we have a sketch for you - 


Sketch challenges are one of my faves, gives me a good base to start with.

I decided to use a sun stamp from a Fiskars stamp set 'Flower Garden' I have had it since we moved to NYC in 2013, it was one of my first craft purchases that year.

I love this stamp, it is so versatile and I use it a reasonable amount unlike some of my other older stamps...

The hot air balloon is a newish addition to my stash (by Echo Park) and this is the first time its been used!

The sentiment is by Bo Bunny and from a set of mixed sentiments that I've had since 2014.

The whole card was pretty simple to put together. It turned out a bit brighter than I had planned, but that is never a bad thing :)

Now its your turn to get creative using the sketch, but first hop on over to Retro Rubber and see what the sketch inspired my teammates to make.

Challenge ends on June 17th, remember to use a stamp a year or older and tell us about it, also please limit your challenge entries to 10 including ours.

Thanks

Cx

8 comments:

  1. What a fun way to use a sun stamp in different colors. The hot air balloon is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love those colours together. Great to combine the old and new stash. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of the hot air balloon and color combo. The pattern in the back is really cool, I love that it's still getting great mileage! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Claire: I love it when using a stamp can create fabulous backgrounds and you did just that with this pretty sun in those vibrant colors, serving as an awesome background for that pretty hot air balloon.
    Way to go combining the old with the new!!
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make great designer paper, Claire. The repeat sun makes a great backdrop to your hot air balloon. And, you are right... bright is never a bad thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright and cheery card to make someone's day! Love the hot air balloon!! So popular right now. This card is totally make someone's day, which is why we make them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card shouts summer fun! Love it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, I see a bit of sunshine! Nice card, I hope you enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx