Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge #30 Sketch time...

Hey,

Welcome to 2016 and the start of a fab year of challenges from the Retro Rubber team.

We also have three new DT members - great to have them with us - Maria, Carole and Donna - make sure you check out their blogs.

Big thanks to everyone that entered to join our fun team

Our awesome leader Jane has been beavering away to come up with awesome challenges for us and you to take part in during 2016.

The first challenge of 2016 is a sketch -



I love a sketch challenge..sadly this one was a bit painful..I literally made my card 3 times, until I settled on one I liked LOL..nothing worse than a fussy crafter!

I used scraps for the papers, patterned one is by American Crafts and the plain piece is by Recollections.

I stamped and die cut feathers by Lawn Fawn and the sentiment is by Hot Off The Press. I have had the feather stamps for approx 2 years and the HOTP sentiment was a new freebie last year.

I really like the white space and I'm pleased that I decided to add bling, right at the end!

Now it is your turn to show us your fab creations, but don't forget to hop over to Retro Rubber and view the fab creations by my awesome team mates.

Remember you have to use a stamp older than a year and the challenge ends on January 29.

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Claire: I love your beautiful feathered card, that sentiment is just fabulous, perfectly paired with the sweet die cut feathers.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brill, I love that sentiment, hope alls well with you, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this card, Claire! The colors are perfect and those feathers are begging me to touch them. What a great sentiment to go with them! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, the feathers are great! I love the white space a tiny bit of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, we are always our most critical judge! But you should be pleased with this card... I love your feathers and "ruffle" sentiment. The amount of white space is perfectly balanced by the gorgeous designer paper. Well done, team mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card speaks to my heart! I love the white space, the placement, the dimension! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire! Thank you for the shout out. I am so in love with this card I just can't tell you but I will! I love the paper and the colors you used. Then let's talk about those feathers. And the sentiment is perfect. I think this card is sheer perfection! This is my kind of CAS!! (I am making the perfect card to send to you - I hope to get it done this weekend and if not sometime next week. So basically I plan to send it to you in the calendar year of 2016! LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a cool interpretation of the sketch, you'll have to tell me offline what your other attempts were! x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx