Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Paper piecing glamorous girls..


Hey,

So as you know this weekend saw us beaten indoors by Superstorm Jonas!!

It did mean that I got to play at my desk...

I dug out a set I got free in December with a magazine when I was in London - JT has the same one.

It is a glamour theme, with a bit of a cinema twist - Oscar, film reels, etc.

I decided I would paper piece my ladies to make two birthday cards for friends.

The main photo uses a fun American Crafts paper scrap. I added a martini glass border because it made me laugh.

The paper piecing here was pretty simple - phew..

Not the case with card number two...for some reason the dress straps were too long and the dress looked odd, so I had to try and trim them down slowly, so I didn't chop off too much..no pressure.


I think I pulled it off and I stamped little Simon Says Stamp stars in gold all over the card..

I like paper piecing, but it is labour intensive, hence why I don't do it that often..I need to be in the mood and have the time...

Cx



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx