Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jenn Shurkus' Coolest Card Series..



Hey,

A late post from me today.

As I am waiting to watch the Pro-bowl, I thought I'd play along with Jenn's Coolest Card series..


There were three weeks, all had to be snow themed + something else that was announced each week..

Week 1 - Stencils and Paper Smooches.This week you had to make a card that was snow themed AND used stencils.


I used Lawn Fawn Winter Fox stamps and dies. The snow was made using Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders, I added a bit of stickles to the curve to make it more snow like.

I had a freebie snowflake stencil that I have never used..which turned out to be perfect for here.

I added a Simon Says Stamp sentiment as the finishing touch.

Week 2 - Watercolours and My Favorite Things. This week make a card that is snow themed AND used watercolours.


I decided to go with a resist here, I stamped my Sizzix snowflakes using clear versamark ink and white embossing powder. I heat embossed it and then watercoloured over the top. I love the splodges you get. I used a MFT stitched die to die cut my watercolour piece out and then stamped a Simon Says Stamp sentiment onto a darker blue panel. I added a blue doily for a bit of texture.

I love this card, it feels like being out in the snow!

Week 3 - Valentine Colours and Lawn Fawn. This week make a card that is snow themed AND uses Valentine colours.

This is the main photo today.

I used one of my fave Lawn Fawn sets here - Yeti, Set, Go. I thought a pink Yeti made sense..after all there must be a Ms / Mrs Yeti right? Once again I utilised my Lawn Fawn stitched hillside border die and keeping with the colour scheme I stamped pink snowflakes..

Finished off with a sentiment sticker by Crate Paper.

What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I'm also pretty excited that Kathy Rac over at The Daily Marker is starting her latest 30 Day Colouring Challenge tomorrow - whoop whoop!

Cx

1 comment:

  1. awww claire- i love all 3 and can't pick a favorite ok?!?! :) Thank you so much for being part of my COOLest Card Series!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx