Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Stencils and Stains...


Hey,

One of the things I really wanted to do during the Black Friday sales was to buy more of the layering Tim Holtz stencils..

I had about 6 of them already and wanted to add a further 6, but I could only find 4 of the ones I wanted.

I thought it would be fun to try out the stencils using Distress Stains.

The main photo shows the backgrounds I made using the stencils - From left to right clockwise - Scribbles, Grid, Scribbles, Tracks, Lace and Tracks.

Today I am going to show you two cards that I made using two of the backgrounds, I'll show more when I finish making cards..I haven't had much desk time recently.


The card above is the Thank You card I made for JT to say 'thanks' for all the lovely Christmas presents, for getting me my wonderful job and for generally being a superb person and friend.

The hearts were punched from a Scribbles background that is not in the main photo. I had originally planned to stack the two die-cut Lawn Fawn scripty thanks, but then I thought what if I created a shadow...

Here's a close-up - 


I'm super pleased with how well the shadow worked!

Funnily it arrived in the post last night when I was at JT's house LOL!

The card below uses a tracks background and it was a birthday card for our cat sitter Brad - we only started using Brad in December, he's amazing the cats love him, as do we..he's a bit older than your average cat sitter, but I think that makes him perfect for the job.

I wanted to include a cat on his card, as he loves cats, so I added a Mama Elephant cat - 


I actually think these the tracks backgounds look like mini trees.

I really love working with stencils..I am going to keep practising with the stains, I'll be trying distress paint next, could be interesting.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Love these...I mean the stenciling is brilliant and the colors are all gorgeous. The layered dies are AMAZING - what a genius technique. I love my card, it's on my desk and I'm very inpsired by it. Love you man x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx