Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Mini Canvases....


Hey,

Recently I started working out of an actual office (not my craftdesk) with two colleagues.

It's nice, but I miss being at home..

I thought on the first day that we were all together it would be nice to give them a gift, but as I don't Nicole that well, I didn't want to be too personal.

So I settled for 'initial canvases'.

I started with Blick 2x4 canvases and added texture paste to them through different Tim Holtz mini stencils.


Once the paste was dry, I chose 3 colours of acrylic paint and roughly painted over the paste - roughly because I wanted some of the white to show through.



Pretty right? That white 'palette' is a laminated piece of scrap paper, I have these in all different sizes and use them for ink, paint, messy mediums and when they wear out I just recycle them.

Final step once the paint dried was to add the initials, I had originally planned to spell out our names, but I thought just an initial was more impactful. I have these ancient black sparkly Thickers that worked really well here. I affixed them with Glossy Accents, because of the paste I wanted to be sure they held.

I love working with small canvases, it's a little slice of art.

My colleagues loved them BTW.

Cx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx