Thursday, March 9, 2017

Happy Birthday Ben..


Hey,

Yesterday was my Godson's birthday.

He is no longer a teeny tiny baby or a curious toddler, he is a full blown, super tall, clever, sweet, teenager!

How did that happen?! And what on earth do I put on the front of his card?!

With all of this in mind, I opted for abstract / grunge!

I stamped the great lines background by Hero Arts in Chipped Sapphire distress ink and spritzed it with water for a bit more interest.

The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set and I trimmed it out, to it in with the 2 random scraps I was adding to the card.

I stapled this all to the card, adding more staples than necesary for the grungy teenage boy feel (?)

I die-cut the entire panel and affixed it to the spotty cardblank, but it felt like it was missing something. Cue a few random enamel dots.

I think it's a fun card for a teenager, hope he likes it too.

Happy Birthday Ben.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. I always have such trouble creating a card for boys....but you have given me inspiration for the next time I make one. I have a feeling if I look back through your older posts I might find more :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment Janie, please do have a rummage, I try and make boy cards, but struggle too. Cx

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx