Thursday, March 30, 2017

Floral Birthday...


Hey,

Today is a happy day for me, I got my all clear, 10 weeks after my op! Meaning I can now exercise, bend, run, etc - yay!

I have a friend that I met via a DT and we have become firm penpals!

This year I wanted to make Sue something pretty and Spring like for her birthday.

So I pulled out the MFT Flashy Florals and Large Desert Bouquet stamp and die sets and went to work.

I love the bold looks you get with these flowers, I used this card as an inspiration.

The Wonky Stitched die that you can see on the white panel is also by MFT. I LOVE these dies, its a great way to add detail to a card.

I tried the trick of adding interest to my leaves by first stamping in a light green and then stamping just the edges in a darker green. I really like how easy this is to do and how great it looks.

The die-cut Happy was not my original plan, but I think it works much better than stamping the entire sentiment.

Finishing touch was to add some bling..gotta have bling.

I've heard from Sue and she got her card and loves it - that made me happy!

Cx

1 comment:

  1. I sure do love this card Claire! Everything has come together so perfectly on it! I love the stitched effect edges and those wonderful florals. I noticed the graduated colour on the leaves - it looks so pretty! And love how you’ve done the sentiment too! It’s a wonderful Happy Springlike card and makes me smile every time I look at it, so will be keeping it up all year round! :-))
    I’m so happy to hear that you’ve got the all clear now!! you can get bending, exercising and stomping again! ;-)
    Take care my friend
    Lots of Love Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx