Thursday, March 23, 2017

Reverse Confetti..Playing with new goodies..


Hey,

I won the February Reverse Confetti sketch challenge, which meant I got a $20 voucher..obviously I spent more than that, but now I have all these lovely new things to play with.

Here is the March Sketch -
I decided to rotate it to the left, it worked better for my idea...

I bought the Bearing Gifts set because I loved the Bear in the car and thought it would make excellent birthday cards.

I had this crazy idea to create a scene and would you believe it, it worked!!

I really liked the current theme over at The Male Room -


I thought I could combine the RC sketch and The Male Room theme...I love how the DT have used wood.

I hunted and found a piece of wood effect background paper in my ridiculously large paper stash and die-cut out using a Simon Says Stamp stitched die and in the same paper stack I saw the blue piece of paper that worked as 'sky' in my opinion. I die-cut that piece using a smaller MFT stitched die.

Then I stamped the trees onto a green patterned paper and fussy cut them out. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the Bear (I don't have the dies..yet).

I spent a while laying it all out before the glue came out...no room for mistakes here..I didn't fancy fussy cutting anymore!

I love the end result and feel like the Bear is driving through the woods to deliver gifts!!

Always fun to combine challenges.

Cx



2 comments:

  1. I adore this card! The wood background is just perfect for that cute beaver in his car. Nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with our Wood stash challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and the play on words is hilarious. The artistry is well done against the RC sketch. Your use of wood and texture is also so well crafted. Wonderful, wonderful card... I can't bear to stop looking at it. Okay that fell flat so I'm out. Excellent job and thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room.
    Cyber Hugs,
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx