Saturday, March 18, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches: Sketch..



Hey,

Hope you are having a great weekend so far. Hubby and I had a big night out last night, so no doubt we are slightly jaded today..

I played along with the last CAS Colours and Sketches, colour challenge. This time I am playing along with their sketch challenge -


Obviously as I am part of the Sketch Saturday DT, I LOVE a sketch.

This one is great, so very versatile.

Forgive my slightly wonky photo!

I recently came across some Tim Holtz resist paper that came in a Simon Says Stamp cardkit.

I decided to use a piece here as my main panel.

I embossed the scalloped stitched circle die by MFT, I like the effect you get when you emboss dies.

I masked off the centre of the circle and using Wilted Violet distress ink I coloured it in, creating a focal point.

The sentiment is by Simon Says Stamp and it was a bit of a beast to stamp over the embossing, but I filled in the missing parts with a fineliner.

I thought it needed a bit of bling..so added a gold glittery heart.

I am super pleased with the end result, it's so simple, but fun.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Great CAS card. Thanks for joining us on this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - I love the tones of the purple circle. Thanks for sharing with us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never think to use my dies for embossing rather than die-cutting. It's a terrific effect and you've used it wonderfully here! Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card; love the purple woodgrain. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx