Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #58..Anything Goes...


Hey,

Time for another fun challenge with the Retro Rubber team.

This time we have everyone's fave challenge -


I thought it would be fun to play with the Tap Tap Tap set by Stampin Up. I have had it since 2015 and I used it a lot that year, but it has been sadly neglected since then..

I stamped the background using the border stamp from the set and then die-cut it using an MFT stitched rounded rectangle die.

The typewriter from the set, doesn't have a die and fussy cutting it is a bit of a beast, but worth it! I coloured it using Zig brush markers and the sentiment is by Clearly Besotted also from 2015.

To make the typewriter stand out a bit, I die-cut an embossed panel that was lying around in my stash (I love this giant spots folder by Sizzix) and added it to my card with foam dots.

I love the almost monotone feel of this card..I need to play with this set more!

Your turn to show us your makes and be sure to pop over to Retro Rubber and get inspired by the things my teammates have made..

Challenge ends March 24th. Don't forget to tell us the age of your stamp, that is part of the fun of our challenge and please only enter 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Claire, this typewriter brings fond memories of my adolescent years when I was learning to type. Love this image and your background paper.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great coordinated theme for your thank you card, Claire. I never did purchase the typewriter because it did remind me of my High School typing class... I was miserable at it, LOL... You provided a great way to showcase the stamp set!! Well done, Teammie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A typewriter is a great vintage stamp and you showcased it so cute with that background! Keep that stamp out and let's see what more you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the background and the way you made the typewriter stand out with the de-bossed scrap. I love it when I can use something in a unique way, and it certainly works here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame we never kept those old typewriters we learned to type on - they'd be valuable interior decorator items by now! I love this card and I'm really impressed that you made the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, love your card. I love how you created the background with the alphabet keys and the typewriter standing out with the words thank you is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this card! I love that you centered on gray for the color scheme and love that you made your own background! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh too much fun! The typewriter on the typeprint page is genius! Perfect color scheme too!❤️

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx