Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Playdate backgrounds..


Hey,

I know it's been about 3 weeks since my playdate with JT, but I completely forgot to post these cards!

Whilst we were gossiping and playing, I dug out 3 backgrounds that I had already made and finally turned them into cards.

The main card uses a background I stamped at Jamey's on a craftgang playdate, I loved the stamp so much I bought it! I added a tag and a chipboard heart and stamped the freebie sentiment (gift from JT). I think it makes a nice modern Anniversary card.

The next background was a 'test' of a new stencil, ages ago. I loved what I ended up with, but was at a bit of a loss about how to turn it into a card...


The freebie sentiments from JT have turned out to be most useful and the Happy Birthday is so pretty, I thought it would look nice against the stenciled background. I added a few dots of black enamel accents here and there.

The final card is a teeny bit weird!


This background came about because I was trying to achieve a 'gold' paste..I got more of a shimmery brown LOL! I added the patterned die-cut circle along with the super blingy pineapple (from JT) and the aloha die-cut (Avery Elle). 

I love making backgrounds, background stamps and stencils are my fave tools when doing this, along with distress inks and a water spritzer. I have a little stack of them that I use for inspiration when I am stuck for ideas.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx