Monday, March 20, 2017

CAS Mix-up March...Smooshing..


Hey,

Happy Monday to you.

I've been loving the CAS Mix-up challenge and I was overjoyed when I saw the March one...


I love to smoosh :)

Smooshing to me is when you put ink, crayons or paint or whatever onto a craft mat / surface and spray with water, then you 'smoosh' your paper in the ink, lift it up and then dry it and repeat this technique a few times to get a really beautiful background.

I smoosh  a LOT.

It is also CAS Mix Ups 1st birthday, so I thought a birthday card would be fitting.

I went down a more masculine route with my card..I think it would work for men/boys of all ages.

My choice is die-cutting.

I created my smooshed background by using 3 different distress inks. I die-cut the panel using a Simon Says Stamp stitched die.

I played with the idea of die-cutting out a shape from the main panel and then raising it with foam tape a few weeks ago and I like the way it turns out. So I did it again here, using a Lil Inker wonky die.

The Moose is a punch and I punched him out of chipboard and then stamped him using a Prima Marketing stamp that I always go to when I want an 'illegible' script pattern.

The sentiment is made up of stickers and a random stamp from my stash.

I added some clear droplets and bling to finish my card off.

I am super pleased..roll on April for more CAS Mix-up.

Cx


4 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning, what a fabby card, Love the smooshing!!! Hope youa re well on the way to recovering from your recent surgery, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful smooshing, Claire! Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors in your smooshing, Claire! What a great guy card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your color choices Claire for your beautiful smooshed background and your added stamped deer image and added embellishments. An awesome guy card. TFS and joining us again on CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx