Friday, March 3, 2017

Octopus Birthday...


Hey,

Happy Friday!

I am super excited today, as I get to go to class at The Inkpad tonight..my first one in ages and the first time seeing the Craftgang since my operation.

I love the Lawn Fawn mini stamp sets. I bought the 'You Octopi my Heart' set with the plan to use it for Hubby's VDay card, but I changed my mind.

So he was all unused on my desk and that didn't seem right.

I was making some DT cards using the Simon Says Stamp wave stamp that you can see on my card and it gave me an idea.

I stamped the waves, I didn't reink my stamp, so I got a faded look.

I stamped, coloured and die-cut the Octopus..I was a bit stumped about what colour he should be and settled on pink!

Because I was planning on him being a birthday card, I thought it would be fun if he was holding birthday related items. Cue a MASSIVE search through my online stamp directory (totally geeky..) to find a present and a cake small enough for him to hold AND that had a die, because fussy cutting makes me want to barf. The gift is by Avery Elle, the cake is by MFT.

The sentiment stamp is by Concord &9th.

I am super happy with how this card came out, it means that Mr Octopus has more than 'love' use in him.

Have a great weekend

Cx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx