Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Retro Rubber Challenge #29...Ho Ho Holidays...


Hey,

Welcome to the final Retro Rubber challenge of 2015 - it's been a super fun year and I've loved being part of the DT.

Before I introduce the challenge theme, I want to take the opportunity to wish my awesome teammates and all the wonderful people that have supported Retro Rubber this year a very happy holiday season.

This time around, we have a fab Holiday challenge..


As I loathe and detest making holiday cards, it is a painful exercise, so I used this challenge as a break from Santa's etc :)

My card is actually our Holiday card for my Husband's parents. I thought my MIL would love the shaker.

I stamped the Sizzix snowflake stamp (it's huge) in silver ink onto white paper, I added some quickie glue and some glitter to some of the snowflakes for a bit of shimmer. I've had this stamp for nearly 4 years..I love it and it gets broken out every year.

I then die cut the aperture and made my shaker pouch using the FUSE tool, the pouch is full of sequins / beads, etc that came in a big bag from JT.

I die cut the Die-versions Winter Wishes in grey cardstock and adhered to the shaker pouch.

Reasonably detailed card to make, but fun..I did only make one, as I like certain family and friends to get unique cards.

What do you love / dislike about the holiday season?

Show us your holiday projects, but first pop over to Retro Rubber and check out the fab creations by my talented teammates.

Remember to use a stamp older than a year and the challenge ends on Dec 18th  - we will be back on January 19th, following a break for the holiday season (I am going home next week, then returning to go to Vegas!!)

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! I hope all is well with you! Thanks so much for my recent card in the mail, that was so thoughtful of you! I know that I haven't left a comment here in a while, but I do stop in nearly every day and read you blog. Big hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Claire! I would never have known that didn't use DSP. Your card front is perfectly done. Love your shaker idea as well! Now, what do I like about the holidays? It's pretty with all of the lights around. With daylight being so short, I like the cheeriness of the lights all around. The over the top consumerism is sad though. That's why I love crafting! Let's go back to giving handmade gifts and cards for the holidays!! Happy Holidays, Claire! I am so glad to be on the design team with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the fuse tool to make a shaker pouch, then nothing escapes! Great job with the snowflake stamp, it is perfect for this time of year! It has been a joy to be on the design team with you. What do I love about Christmas? It is the celebration that defines my life, the birth of Christ my Savior. What to I dislike, I would agree to Debbie, the focus on consumerism and lack of empathy for others while out shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, Claire. Love your snowflake background paper! I bet the shine of this card is stunning! Enjoy your holidays and look forward to playing along with you next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant! Love how the sentiment adjoins the circle window element. Lovely! Hope your trip is good. Safe travels! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx