Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 in review....


Hey,

So 2014 has been a fun craft year for me.

I managed to learn a few new techniques:
- how to use watercolours
- how to heat emboss
- how to work with texture pastes
- how to stencil PROPERLY

There are a few more, but those felt like the most important and 'craft life changing' .

Generally I have improved my card making and craft output overall. I have also tackled a lot more heavy duty sewing projects...remember the queen sized quilt!

I have had a lot of fun learning and trying new things and remembering to not be scared of the odd oops moment!

2014 was also the year that I set myself the heady goal of posting 200 times..no mean feat. I actually posted 251 times in the end! A lot of work went into achieving this and I am so pleased with myself for keeping up the momentum.

In part because of the frequency of my posting, I made a lot of new craft / blogland friends, which is really lovely and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I wanted to share my fave makes of 2014 - so here is the first 6 months (and a bonus main photo) and I'll share the next 6 months tomorrow.

January 2014

Silhouette Pinwheels and Bows
February 2014
One of the x2 Queen Quilts I made
March 2014
Mother's Day card for my Ma - which I recreated for sale over 30 times....
April 2014
Watercoloured word
May 2014
ATC's for the WOYWW 5th Anniversary Swap
OWH cards, made from scraps
June 2014
SSS Challenge entry - stencil and texture paste

Side view, so you can see the paste
It was so much fun to review 2014 like this - it made me realise how much I have made and how far I have come! If you have a blog, you should totally do this!

2014 would have been even better if I had, had my beloved JT with me - but Skype playdates have been a lot of fun too.

See you tomorrow for the second half..

Cx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely review Claire, I have done this before but am skipping it this year as I'm literally just finding the time to quickly blog and visit! Remember the gorgeous quilts - fabulous!! hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe you did a lot of great things in 2014!! Great projects, love the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review of the year - we've managed one face to face playdate in 2014 and a handful of Skype dates but we should definitely aim for more in 2015 - defo.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx