Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Simon Says Stencil It!!


Hi,

So I am being challenge heavy this week.simply because this week they are hard to resist.

SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge is - Simon Says Stencil it...I love stencils, so this was a perfect challenge for me.

I have been experimenting with modelling paste and stencils..this is the first card I have 'shown' using the paste and I love it!!

I chose to use my fave Aspen Trees stencil by The Crafter's Workshop I thought it would make a great base for a card for Hubby's Godparents who are quite outdoorsy!

Once the paste was dry, I overlaid the stencil again and inked it up using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I added a strip of scrap paper from my scrap box that coordinated with my new Pink Petticoat Happy Camper digital stamp. I used a Pink Petticoat paper for the pattern on the camper van and retouched it in using Photoshop Elements - a new trick for me :) I didn't use the sentiment that came with the stamp, instead I retyped it, printed it out, punched it and then added some dots to match the scrap paper.

Here is a photo so you can see the dimension of the paste.

Close-up
Fun to do and super easy, it only takes a few hours to dry and if you are impatient you can heat dry, but be warned the effect is not as good if you heat dry.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. That's such a cool technique for texture - love the outcome and the layered effect. Nailed it man! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used this stencil for your Sister's Christmas card :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card!! Love those gorgeous trees and the scene you created! Great card!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Claire, I love this new image (downloaded, still to use!) , it works so well with this mask, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx