Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WOYWW #242 - SNOW DAY!!


Whoo Hoo!!

Snow day!! So whilst I have started working, I am still in the training phase, so I have lots of things that I have to do today (remotely), but that won't stop me joining WOYWW and nosing at everyone's desk.

Don't know what WOYWW is? Well join our wonderful host Julia over at her blog Stamping Ground and meet the gang and their desks. You can join in the fun too!

So today I am giving you a three-fer!

Main photo shows what I got up to last night, I had a major silhouette cutting session, so you can see 2 bows, a camera, a thank you and at the back 3 patterned squares that become pinwheel. You can also see a stack of paper and some silver letters - both purchased on my pre-job jaunt to Target, both were $1 for each set - naughty, naughty.

Second photo shows the Promarker stand from last week (and my box of who knows what is in there I am too scared to look) - complete with Promarkers!! One thing I must point out if you are going to do this, colouring the dots to stick on the end of the markers is a huge pain in the bottom - meh... but it looks so pretty..

Promarker stand and markers
You can see it's slightly tilted, it works better this way, I need better 'feet' than my expensive Martha Stewart paper tape..

Final photo is of the pinwheels and one of the bows..Thanks to October Afternoon and Kim Watson for the free pinwheel cut file.
Pinwheels and Bow
Pretty cool right? Remember to use double sided papers...idiot girl here forgot the first time..Oh and I used brads to hold them together.

Happy Weds and if it's snowing where you are be safe and warm.

Cx


15 comments:

  1. Glad the marker container has a good home. It impressed me last week and does so, again this week. It may be a pain to color those marks, but I bet it helps once they are all finished and organized. Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have don the dot colour thing on all my paints too...yes it is time consuming when you do it, but saves so much time and frustration later when you are using them. #25

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pinweheels. The promarkers look great but I can't believe you had the patience for coloring the ends of those bad boys. Looks sweet man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Promarker containers look great all set up...loved it last week andI will be taking on this idea when I get around to it! The thought of colouring those dots is a bit daunting as I have a lot of pro markers! I love your pinwheels too, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great storage for your pro markers. I have all of them and have to say I must be a bit odd as I found it quite relaxing sitting colouring the dots, hee hee( didn't do em all at once though :-) )
    Anne x #58 ( well at the moment , it changed twice last week :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the holder and your blog background match :) Such attention to detail LOL! I agree with the dots - I printed a list of all my Distress inks and coloured them with each pad and stuck them on the sides. Took ages but I am really glad I did it. I wish I had done a full strip so it wrapped around on all 4 sides so I don;t have to remember to stick them back in the tray with the label facing forward but that is perhaps a project for another day... :)

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (19)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The marker container looks awesome in situ, well done! Love the super cute pin wheels.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Zoe #32

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun stuff to see today. And that is a seriously cool marker stand. Susanne #66

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, great marker stand and love your pinwheels and bows. Cheers RobynO#69

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire! We've got a dry day here - thank goodness - we've got a lake appearing in our back garden so any dry days give it a chance to drain away a bit before the next downpour! Don't think we've had a snow day so far this winter (phew - my school run is too long to take the snow lightly).

    Loving that camera die cut - I'm guessing you have a particular project in mind. The pinwheels are fab too - gorgeous papers.

    Promarker storage looks great - mine are all stored vertically (naughty me!) so I'm intrigued with your cool storage solution.

    Thanks for your visit today, enjoy your snow day. MMx # 37

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello again, Claire! Glad my sitting on my desk gave you a little chuckle this morning. I love a good snow day too! We were supposed to get a "big" storm, and I awoke to a whopping 1 inch of snow. Hardly a snowstorm.

    Love the pinwheels, they are always so fun and cheerful. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My DD is watching your snow on our news with envy, it's been such a mild wet winter here in the UK. She'd love a snow day.
    Your promarkers look great in their new home but I know what you mean about colouring those little dots!!
    Hugs Lisax #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hexagon marker storage, such a great use of space!

    We got 15" of snow here last night and it's very cold, around 5°, brrrrrr......

    Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier and for the nice comments.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #5

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the marker storage, it looks gorgeous....Uh Oh! Now you have done it, you have inspired me into more organising, and let's hope Eliza doesn't see it, otherwise I'll have to make her one too.... I'm glad people can laugh at us, we are so used to laughing at ourselves and each other, it is nice though to make people laugh....it does make the world a better place..Thanks for stopping by, have a great week
    DeDe #16

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been playing nicely with your Silhouette! I have that bow but have never tried it. It really looks great.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertiaj #14

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx