Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Card Swap...


Hey,

I am part of a Card Swap group here in NYC, via  a great lady that I met here in blogland.

I have been having fun making the cards for this year. I got a jump start, as I had some time just before Christmas and after.

I have 3 months ready to go.

The main photo today uses a great stamp set that I got a few months ago in the sale at Paper Presentation. I stamped and coloured her on white stock, which I then die cut using a fancy label die. I used 3 different papers - all by American Crafts. I printed the sentiment on my computer and punched it out using a Stampin' Up label punch.

I think it's cute and I like the fact her dress matches the blue strip of paper.


The card above was so much fun to make. I die-cut a white rectangle for my backing paper using a stitched rectangle die by SSS, then I inked up my new Hexagon stamp (Hero Arts), I used Mustard Seed distress ink..I wanted it to be a bit patchy. I added a strip of black paper and a strip of black gems - I only did this because the black paper found it's way onto my card overnight?! The be happy stamp is from a set I have and the bee embellishment was a $20 challenge gift from JT.

I love the patchy feel to the Hexagon stamp - adding the bling makes the card feel quite special.

My final card uses the December SSS Card Kit -


This card is so simple and feels really calm! The backing paper is by Recollections, so are the square blue blingy things! The blue paper and the stamps are by SSS. I used blue ink, so despite the hearts this card feels kind of masculine..

I love card swap it's so much fun to play with random parts of my stash.

Oh and throughout I have been using American Craft coloured card blanks.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh these are so super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Claire and Happy New Year! These are all such cute cards...I especially like the little bee card! Hugs and here's to another year of Happy crafting! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, Happy New Year to you too! I have noticed you like all of my bee cards, do you by any chance have a thing for bees? :)

      Delete
  3. Great selection here, love that bee hexagon one. That is ace. As is the stamp in that headline card. And love the CAS style of the last. Great set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice gifts from you Craft Buddy to make the Hexagon one come to life.

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx