Monday, January 27, 2014

Have machine...will quilt (part 2)


Hey,

Hope you all had a nice weekend..Hubby and I managed to catch a bit of a cold on Friday, so spent the weekend napping, watching films and doing very little. We ventured out for Brunch on Sunday with JT's folks and I hit the sewing room, but that was the extent of our weekend!

I gave you a sneak preview of my pattern and the squares I had chosen last year.

I have made dozens of baby quilts, but using a very easy and 'non' quilt like method.

As I mentioned last year, I am quite fortunate that the lovely Kristin at Write it Down created a wonderful tutorial which I am semi following..semi because I am adding 2.5 inch strips around my squares. I am modifying it in this way, as I want them to be bigger, but the charm packs are quite expensive..

Today's main photo is of one of the completed quilt tops..

I am SO pleased...they are perfect and it has all been very easy to do..the pinning and ironing is TEDIOUS, but the end result is worth it.

Here are a few more photos of both quilt tops.

Blue quilt top - just needs one more set of strips
Grey quilt top - in progress, you can see one strip pinned to the top and the next 3 sewn together and ironed ready to add
Grey quilt top - this is a close-up, so you can see the detail of the strips
See I do make things other than cards :)

Cx

3 comments:

  1. HI Claire, wow these are gorgeous! I think the blue one is my favourite...but then I love the colours on the grey one! Fabulous! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and I hope you both feel much better now, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carole! Thanks for your comment. We are much better now. The blue one is for my parents..the grey one is for us - so I went a bit crazy! Cx

      Delete
  2. Theses are fabulous Claire - you multi talented lady you! - it's not as easy as it looks to get squares in a straight line! - yours are just perfect hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx