Monday, January 26, 2015

Tim Holtz - 12 Tags of 2015 - January..


Hey,

So I made my first tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015  before I left for Tel Aviv and I LOVE IT!!



If you saw my WOYWW #293 post, you will remember a strange Monster in the corner, he was hiding this beauty :)

I really wanted to join in last year's 12 tags, but to be frank the techniques, etc scared me a bit :)

Now after a year of learning, practicing and exploring I felt ready..

I didn't have all of the items on Tim's product list, but no matter that made it even more fun - hunting for things to use instead.

I started by making my own tissue paper - I made myself a promise - only one new item per tag - new item for January was the ChitChat Stickers.

I used white tissue paper and Bo Bunny stamps (To the point and It is written) and a free text stamp in silver. Here is a photo of the paper before I used it -




This was a new technique for me, super easy, fun to do and has endless possibilities.

I used my Silhouette to cut 2015 out of chipboard and double sided adhesive. After adding distress paints (Mustard Seed, Broken China, Mowed Lawn) and a blue mist to the tag, I stuck the 2015 on and glittered the numbers.

I decided that I would use the stickers to describe what I want from 2015. Here is a close-up of the tag -



I covered the entire tag in Modge Podge (no glue and seal in my stash) and outlined the stickers using distress markers in the same colours as the paints.

Final touches were the glittery star and the purple ribbon.

I'm really pleased with my first attempt at a Tim Holtz tag.

Come on February..I'm ready for the next one!

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Love your tag, great take on Tim's! Hope you had a fab holiday...er...vacation! hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is even better in your photo than on Skype, love your edgy details and textures. This is an amazing tutorial on making tissue paper as well. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Claire, you are going to fit right in with the Ladies Who Love Tim Club making the 12 Tags with no trouble! This is really super fantastic! I love your resolution about using only one new thing and I especially love that you made your own tissue paper! I filed that sweet idea in the back of my mind (where it will be lost forever, haha!). I hope you had a wonderful time away! I'm sorry I haven't caught up with you if you wrote about it because things were karazy busy with NBUS #3!! Take care! Glad the storm skirted you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx