Sunday, March 11, 2018

Happy Mother's Day...


Hey,

Today is Mother's Day in the UK.

In the last few years I have started making a card for my MIL.. Hubby is not a card guy and his Mum is ok with that..but for me as a cardmaker it feels really really wrong.

I actually haven't seen my Ma yet this year, as I was off work for 2 months (unpaid) so I haven't managed to get back to the UK yet. But we talk a lot and that helps - because I miss her a lot.

Just as I was thinking about what cards I would make 'The Mothers' x2 new sets arrived in the post.

My Ma's card (main photo) was made using the Avery Elle 'Mardi Gras' set. I don't have the dies yet, so I had to stamp and cut out the mask and then trace around it with a white gel pen onto the black card and then cut that out.

Because I don't have the dies yet, I didn't want to use all the little mask elements that come with the set, so I dug through my dies and came up with the beautiful flourish die by Simon Says Stamp. I die-cut it out of DCWV glitter cardstock and I think it works really well here.

I added some bling and gold marker to the eye area of the mask to complete it.

I had planned on stamping the sentiment directly onto the white panel, but I dropped the stamp and made a mess, cue a hastily heat embossed banner to cover my oops. To finish the card off I added a few gold stamped stars all over the panel.

I love it, can't wait to play with this set more.

For my MILs card I used my new Neat and Tangled 'Bloom' set, it is SO pretty.


I stamped and coloured the flowery panels using Promarkers and after die-cutting them out, I added a few drops of stickles here and there.

The sentiment is from Paper Source and I bought it on super bargain sale, because I loved the handwritten feel.

Because the flowers are so fussy, I decided to use a simple piece of spotty paper for the background. I love Lawn Fawn papers (Jenn Shurkus you enabler you.)

Both completely different from each other, but they suit the personalities of 'The Mothers'.

Happy Mother's Day Momma and Mandy.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Glad it's not just me that drops inky things on cards! I love both these cards, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx