Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Retro Rubber #94..Anything Goes



Hey,

Welcome to another excellent Retro Rubber challenge.

Hubby and I leave for Tampa on Friday - WHOOP WHOOP!!! Summer vacay here I come!

This time it's everyone's fave Anything Goes.


Way back in July, I needed a second 'interactive' card for my friend's twin son's - I had one already, but you know twins right..you can't send one a fancy card and the other one a regular card!

I decided that one of my all time fave Gerda Steiner 'Alien Invasion' set (from 2016) had not seen the light of day in FOREVER, so I thought it would work well here and the other card for the other twin is all 'space / alien' themed.

I stamped the sentiment by Clearly Besotted onto my white panel and then masked it off, so I could stamp the stars (Stars of Worn by Unity from 2016/early 2017).

I stamped, coloured and cut my monsters and alien ship (I added an alien to the ship) and popped them up on foam tape to the outside of my card. Saving the Alien ship for inside..


How fun is that?! I used a MFT pop-up die, super fun, super easy to use and added a small wobbler to the strip, so my Alien ship wobbles when opened, but he still folds flat.

I added planets and stars to the inside back panel, so my ship had a background.

I wasn't sure about the MFT pop-up die, but man is it handy and easy to use!

Looking forward to your Anything Goes makes, dig through your stash and find a neglected stamp or stamps, it's fun! and pop over to Retro Rubber and get inspired by the things the DT have made.

Challenge ends Sept 7th.

Don't forget to tell us the age of your stamp, that is part of the fun of our challenge and please only enter 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.



Cx

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Claire, your cards always make me smile! This card is no exception. Love the adorable creatures and the background is perfect. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable Space Aliens, can't help but smile either.
    Love the great inside too, someone will most definitely enjoy receiving this cute card.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool little monsters, Claire. The starry background you've created for them is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card made me smile when I saw it Claire! I love the background you created and those alien monsters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx