Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #77 Merry Christmas a colour challenge..


Hey,

Time for the last Retro Rubber  challenge of 2017!! Where did the year go?

Also we are pretty sad as we are saying goodbye to Christine, like me she has been with the RR crew from the start and I'm going to miss her funky and fun take on the challenges. So from me, this is not a goodbye, just farewell for now.

In keeping with the season we are asking you to use the colours from this wonderful Christmas themed inspiration photo -

I really wanted to use a larger square card blank to make a Christmas card for my parents.

I shamefully have a piece of NBUS that I won last November at the annual HCME class...it is by Concord & 9th and I also won the die for the 'Joy' stamp.

I stamped Joy in red ink and heat embossed it using sparkly WOW embossing powder. It is SO blingy IRL.

I have all this Christmas themed washi tape and I thought the branch/berry one was a perfect fit here, so made a background for my die-cut panel. Love this hole die, I have no idea a) where it came from or b) who it is by!!

I added a few teeny tiny red gems and stamped the other part of the sentiment.

Love the end result and I think my parents will too.

Show us what you are inspired to make and pop over to Retro Rubber and get inspired by the things the DT have made.

Challenge ends December 15th. Don't forget to tell us the age of your stamp, that is part of the fun of our challenge and please only enter 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.

The Retro Rubber team will be back in January for another year of awesome challenges, but you can keep tabs on us via our personal blogs ;)

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful holiday card, my friend! I love the pretty washi tape peaking out. Those tiny gems are great!! Happy Holiday, Claire! I hope you get lots of crafty goodies under the tree! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous funky Christmas card, love the use of washi tape on it. Fan flippin tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The washi tape is fabulous, the holey punch amazing and the angles give a real sense of joy. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! So clean! Wow! Love that washi with the die - brilliant! Lovely thoughts on Christine! I miss her too! Merry Christmas to you and Pitbull!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, your parents will surely love it.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx