Monday, November 10, 2014

Treat Yo' Self....


Hey,

I'm back!!

Hubby and I had an excellent Anniversamoon in Mexico - it was just as beautiful as we remembered.

We did absolutely nothing, which was very refreshing. We did manage to charter a boat and go on a little trip on our last day and I snorkelled, which was fun.

Here is a photo of us, I will post a few more later in the week.


On to the main photo - my card. Recently I have been eyeing up shaker cards and different ways to make them. Liz of Pink Petticoat had a great idea / tutorial on her blog. So I decided to give it a go.

I bought tiny clear bags from a local paper store and filled one with sequins, glitter and beads, then folded a piece of card as per Liz's directions and used it to close the bag. Voila! Shaker bag.

I had it on my desk for a week or so before I left as I was unsure what I wanted to do with it.

I finally decided it would make a great addition to a card I wanted to make for a friend using my new Ellen Hutson 'Treat Yo' Self' die (I bought it for JT too).

I layered up American Craft papers, added the shaker bag, adhered the die cut to the bag and stamped the rest of the sentiment, so that the card would read 'Treat Yo' Self it's your birthday'

Ha ha.

I love it, I hope it arrived safely and that my friend loves it.

I'll be making more of these super easy shaker bags.

It's bittersweet being back home, back to the grind..but it was nice to be back at my craft desk yesterday.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. That die still makes me crack up - treat yo' self with a shaker is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey welcome back! Good to hear you had such a good time and a happy Anniversarimoon..good word by the way - Tom and I are always on hols on our anniversary so may be I should 'borrow' it? :) Love your card, I do love making shakers - they are such fun! In fact (and here we go again with the 'great minds' thing) I made one of these for a little wedding card earlier this year but forgot to photograph it! Lots of welcome back hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx