Saturday, November 29, 2014

Layered Christmas Card...


Hi,

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I most certainly did.

I am making the most of the break by entering a few challenges - as I have plenty of time to spend at my desk and very few commitments - let playtime commence!

I loved the Color Throwdown palette this week -


It feels really Christmassy and all the DT makes, made me really want to have a play.

As I have just finished making my personal Christmas cards, there are a few nesting die sets on my desk.. so I decided to use the Xcut square parenthesis dies as my focal point.

I settled on a square silver card base, as it fit the colour scheme and added a bit of shimmer to my card. I cut 2 different sizes and one keyhole version using the dies - in white, red and white spots and pale blue. I mounted the 2 smaller ones using foam tape. I stamped my sentiment onto a light grey EK Success label punch out that I found in my box of ''already punched'' things..

Leftover from my Christmas cards I had the pale blue stars and the kraft star (still on my desk), so I added these and put teeny tiny little red bling in the centre of the blue stars.

Love this card and I have a recipient in mind..

Once again, all the papers were scraps - I am making some serious headway now - organising them really helped.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Ooh this is fab Claire! Love the shapes and gorgeous colours! you do CAS so beautifully! :-)
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Big Hugs
    Sue B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is super, what a great card, Love it Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. Love the DPs you used. The little stars look great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the colours and design, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx