Sunday, November 23, 2014

Christmas with the silhouette portrait...


Hey there!

It's been a VERY busy week - we did the biggest launch in my Company's history this week and whilst I am tired, I feel a great sense of achievement :)

I spent yesterday at my desk, getting Christmas cards ready to go into the post. I had x2 special cards I needed to make (can't say for who as they read my blog), so I decided to enlist the Silhouette.

Inspired by JT's card, I wanted to use some of the papers from a difficult stack we both have, that has velvet accents...looking closely it's the same piece of paper - how in tune are we!!

As you can see this card is my main photo today, I added the Silhouette die-cut reindeer (or should I say Snazzymoose?) and used a free stamp for the sentiment.

I love this card, it's so festive, but modern.

The second card uses a Silhouette die-cut card template - I don't often use these templates in their entirety, usually I just use parts of the card.

Cut with a Silhouette Portrait
I added a red liner, so you can see all the die-cuts.

Gorgeous right?! And simple - as it's essentially a bit of a cheat as the Silhouette did all the work! I used the same free sentiment stamp as before.

I love using the Silhouette, it's great and I have stopped beating myself up for not using it all the time. Now I bring him/it out when I'm inspired to - he gets an airing about 4 times a month, which works for me :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Playing catch up again Claire, seem to be spending a lot of time at work of late..Tom has had 2 massive global launches where he works of late, he's been in London, Leeds...we've hardly seen each other! Love your cards, great colours and images!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx