Friday, March 13, 2020

Underwear and a Crown..


Hey,

Happy Friday!

CV-19 = crazy times. Both my UK and the US offices are now WFH for the next few weeks. I hope everyone will be safe and continue to observe the rules around handwashing etc, but lets remember not to panic buy and ensure everyone can get what they need.

Now onto nicer things.

Don't you love it when you find a 'new to you' craft company?

When I was back in London in Feb, I bought a craft magazine and they had a feature that included a stamp by AALL & Create (stocked in the US by various online stores, check their website).

I loved them immediately, the style is very similar to PaperArtsy and Carabelle.

I had to buy myself a few of their stamps including 'Pineapple Queen' that I used today.

It was a great opportunity to use the Taylored Expressions 'Shiplap background', which I stamped in soft grey, so it is barely visible. I stamped the girl and the Pineapples directly onto the background and then coloured them using Copics and Sakura glitter gel pens. I decided to stamp the crown onto a piece of patterned paper and fussy cut it out.

I wanted the sentiment to stand out, so I used the same gingham paper as the crown and die-cut it using a fancy scalloped circle die.

It came out so well, I am super pleased with the new set.

I made this card for my friend Jen, who is recovering from surgery and can't craft right now, so I wanted to make her smile and send her a stamp set for use when she is better.

The card arrived and Jen's message to me about it make me laugh she said 'imagine my husband's face if he came home to find me in just my underwear and a crown. LOL'

And that for me is the beauty of cardmaking, send some happy mail to someone, in return you get a message that makes you happy too.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Just thinking that this may be the perfect day to try this out. Crazy thunderstorm outside and we've pushed the 2 sofas together to create a giant bed Chica is cowering between us. Maybe on my next bathroom break I'll ditch my clothes and dig out a tiara. Big hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx