Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Shifter Stencil..


Hey,

Potty mouth alert!

I don't ever apologise for using swear words on my cards, I have a potty mouth, my friends know this and it's my blog.

I have a great collection of the Unity Stamp Co 'after dark' stamps. The one on today's cards is one of my faves.

I wanted to have a proper play with some of my shifter stencils - by Tim Holtz. These stencils are pretty clever, you get the normal open part of a stencil, but you also get a closed shape too, so you can shift your stencil over and use a different colour or medium without the risk of getting it onto your first colour. Watch this video for a better explanation!

I decided that I would stencil over the great sentiment, first I used distress oxides and then instead of another colour I used x2 different mediums. For the purple card, I used Indian Gold Nuvo Mousse and for the green card I used Gina K Glitter Gel.

They both came out really well and I am head over heels in love with the shifter stencils.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'll have to check out these cool stencils! They fall into the category of why didn't anyone think of that before! Great and funny encouragement cards, Claire! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx