Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Sunday Stamps: Colourful Mask..


Hey,

I cut it close, but I made it!!

I really wanted to play along with the current Sunday Stamps challenge.


I made Top Cup at the last Sunday Stamps challenge, which was awesome and I was super pleased, this is one of the reasons I wanted to play along again. It's always nice to play along after a win or a mention, that's what makes the challenge community so nice.

The colours and the image really spoke to me and were a perfect match for one of my fave stamps sets - Mardi Gras by Avery Elle.

I heat embossed the mask onto purple paper, weirdly I thought I had some darker purple in my stash..I don't - mental note to buy more purple paper lol. I love Liquid Platinum embossing powder by Ranger, it is my fave - you get such a smooth finish. I die-cut the feathers out of gold and green glitter paper.

I have seen a lot of people recently creating backgrounds using strips of paper, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I didn't want too much gold, so used more black strips.

I decided to add a Tim Holtz sentiment strip and I think it worked out really well.

I am pleased with the end result, it came out exactly as I pictured it.

Cx




4 comments:

  1. Oh, Claire, this is very fun, and very Mardi Gras, lol. Love that mask shape, and your bold stripey background, but what a great sentiment, too. Perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge! This one had me stumped with those vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Mardi Gras card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx