Thursday, February 6, 2014

Punching..


Hey,

I have a subscription to Cards Magazine. It is produced by Northridge Publishing and I love the cards that they publish..some of my fave bloggers get featured, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on their behalf!

I recently noticed that they run a  Cards challenge on their blog.

The current challenge is "Cards with Punched Shapes" - given my ENORMOUS collection of punches, I figured that this would be fun for me to enter.

Because of the amount of punches I have, I was a bit unsure where to start..I rummaged through my punch drawers and came up with the idea of using all circles.

I wanted to step out of my comfort zone a bit and so punched the backing paper - I used Woodware circular punches for the big and medium circles, the tiny ones were made using an EK Success single hole punch. It looked nice with the cardstock showing through, but I wanted to co-ordinate more and so added some of the stripey paper behind the circles.

The big blue circle was embossed using a Tim Holz distressed circles folder and then I added some twine and a tag - which I made using a punch (see I told you I had lots of punches).

I'm pleased with the final card and think that it will be great for a guy.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Great boy card! I really like that embossing folder and I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by punch-choices - you really do have an enormous collection!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx