Monday, February 3, 2014

Craft Buddy Challenge..


Hey there, hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the SuperBowl! I certainly did as my beloved Seahawks finally won a Superbowl...GO HAWKS!!!

A couple of weeks ago, JT and I set each other a challenge. She sent me a sketch and a colour palette -

 

Very me, very workable.

My lightbulb moment came on a Weds (nearly 2 weeks ago) whilst working from home in the midst of an epic snowstorm. I glanced across my desk and spied my shiny new pinwheels and then realised that the paper they were made with, would be perfect for the challenge colours..

The main photo is my take on the sketch..slightly bending the rules, but as this is 2 friends playing together, I figure JT's gonna let it slide.

I think I bent the rules, as there is only one embellishment and the Teal colour of the flower and the sentiment are not really the Cyan of the provided colour palette.

Whatevs :) I love it, it's so big and bold and slightly cray cray and I think I know who it should go to!

JT and I did the grand reveal yesterday during a fun Skype call..she made 3 cards!! I loved her take on my sketch / colour combo and she liked mine too. Although we are both agreed that mine will have to be hand delivered to someone as posting it will bankrupt me :)

We are setting another 2 week challenge tomorrow - can't wait!

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is gorgeous Claire.. what a fab design with the pinwheel… I love the scrummy papers! :-)
    hope you have a fab week!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your pinwheel is such a hoot man. Nailed it I would say. I am posting my entry now...x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx