Monday, February 17, 2014

A reminder..


Hi,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I had a good one, busier than I would have liked, but I still managed to squeeze in sometime at my desk.

Recently I have been a bit challenge crazed :) This weekend I decided that I would have a challenge break and just have a little play.

I have a great subscription to Cards Magazine and there are always really amazing cards in the magazines. So I thought I'd choose a few and have a 'remake' session - changing them slightly, so they fit my kit!

The main card is my fave of the bunch.

I saw an idea in the January 2011 edition by Mandy Starner and I realised that I had a similar cloud paper and bird punch. Unfortunately I can't show you Mandy's card (or any of the other original ideas) because you can't copy the flash pages in the magazine.

I am pleased with my card and it is going in the post this week for a friend.

The next card is a bit out of the ordinary for me -

Collage style card
It is based on a idea that I saw in one of the magazines and frustratingly I can't find the magazine!! Hubby thinks its a bit busy and I agree, but I do like it..a lot!
I have a great set of dies by Marianne creatables, that has a label and all these cool little button dies. I die cut them in all different colours and along with some petals, butterflies (both from JT), hearts, Candi's and sequins I kind of threw it all together! I found the random foam bird buried deep in my embellishment box!

Detail close-up
I really love the simplicity of the next card, also from January 2011 by Gretchen McElveen - I always forget about this set of fancy shape dies by xCut..so it was nice to be reminded that I have them and to dig out my stapler! I also loved the fact that I got to use flowers and random strips of paper too!

Just a note...
There are a few more of these magazine remakes..
I'll post them later in the week, as they are still drying! It was really fun to make these cards and just have a play with my kit and remind myself of what I actually have :)

I didn't get a chance to do card challenge reveal with JT yet, so that will be coming later this week!

Cx

p.s - please note I have credited all the original card makers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, you have made two lovely cards here, love your arrangement of the embellies on the first one, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprising for both of us but I also love that busy card! It's got loads going on up top but it's so streamlined that the result is fantastic. Love the headline though - drools over that punch....

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx