Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy Birthday JT!!



Hey,

Hope you are all having a good Saturday so far.

I thought I would enter a challenge and wish my good friend and Craft Buddy JT a very Happy Birthday!! I would imagine right now she is running around doing stuff, as she is having a party - waaah I want to be there.

The other evening I was trawling through my stamps and I came across a really pretty tree - part of the Birdsong collection by Papermania.

I don't know why, but I thought that Color Throwdown might have some colours to help me bring it to life!

Guess what? They did..the colour scheme this week #278 is perfect for the tree and for Valentine's Day cards.


I coloured the tree using Promarkers and used a mix of the Pistachio, Pink and Red to colour the flowers and the birds. I used the Crumb Cake for the tree itself.

Originally I just had the green strip of paper between the sentiment and the image, but it felt flat and then I saw a scrap of pink ribbon on my desk...throw in a Candi and voila! Perfect!

This little beauty is going on the pile for my work VDay card sale on Monday!

Have a superb weekend everyone.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Ah this is fab, what a great card, Love it, Hope you have a great weekend, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, a gorgeous stamp and beautifully coloured Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Love that tree image and the pretty colors on it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are perfect for your sweet Valentine scene! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card!! Love your tree! I'm sure your friend will love it!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx